Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Portland Boat Show – Jan 2011

The Portland Boat Show was a first for me and my company Cape Hatteras Marine.  It is a typical “Indoor Show” which has been reduced in size over the last few years, as almost all shows have.  The show promoters are very nice, professional and friendly to deal with.  The venue allows for easy unloading and set up, but the weather sucks!  I guess I shouldn’t really expect anything but cold and rain in January, but I still don’t like it.  The attendance was rather disappointing, but I really wasn’t prepared for the unique type of boaters in that part of the country.  There was an inordinate amount of small aluminum boat owners and “good ole boys” looking for fishing gear and very basic and essential boating products, not the higher end, unique boating accessories that I sell.  I guess you have to know your market!  I am always looking to expand my brand, by exhibiting in new shows in different parts of the country, but sometimes it’s just not the right fit.

 http://www.otshows.com/pbs/

No comments:

Post a Comment